Sunday 3 March 2013


On Saturday I was about to head to the library, get out a pile of books and crack on with my Contemporary Television essay, when an ASOS catalogue flopped through the letterbox. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was sprawled out on my sofa with a cuppa and a pile of bourbons flicking through its glossy pages. 


I reached the section where they put in a load of reviews and lo and behold there was a section on hip places to visit in Scotland. This included a bit about the boarders (mehh...), the Isle of Tiree (can’t say I’ve been but sure looks pretty), Glasgow (of course) and Tollcross in Edinburgh, ‘Best for foodie hangs’. 


Being a HUGE food fan, I read on as it talked about Lovecrumbs, a bakery/cafe that I’ve walked past a million time but have never actually taken the time to pop in. I had a quick look at their online menu and was sold by the time I reached 4 Layer Chocolate Cake.  Grabbed my shoes, camera and flatmate and was headed down the road quicker than you can say ‘think of the calories’. Essay? What essay?




 The cafe is a rustic, quirky collection of odd misfit furniture, fairy lights, scruffy floorboards and, of course, exceptional cakes. With Vegan options available and the eclectic tea cups and saucers the place was an instant hit with both me and my flatmate. I ordered a Coffee and Caramel cake with an earl grey tea, SO good. And so filling, I was stuffed all day!



Pics: Erin, her brownie, moi, wardrobe/cake shelf and that Coffee and Caramel cake mmm








No comments:

Post a Comment